Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He has had a very bad infection on his rear paw pads and he

Customer Question

He has had a very bad infection on his rear paw pads and he has had so much medication but it seems to take forever to heal and it seems to have started on his front paws now. He is doing a little better than when it was so very bad but I am wondering if he will ever be okay again HE IS A ROTTIE and is 10 1/2 yrears old. He is so
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is a Rottie and is 10 1/2 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tuffy?
Customer: He also has been having a lot of mucus from his eyes and I clean them at least two times a day.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We used to walk every morning for at least a mile and now I can hardly get him up to go out in the back yard to go to the bathroom. It is very sad.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Guess I will have to get your answer tomorrow as it is getting late and I have to
Get my shut eye now. Good nite
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner and I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Can you upload a photo(s) of his paw pads to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. His lethargy may or may not be related to his paw pads. Please note that primary infection of the paw pads is rare. Autoimmune skin diseases should be considered instead.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Never mind I don't want a new answer