Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

She seems to be reverse sneezing or having an allergy attack

Customer Question

She seems to be reverse sneezing or having an allergy attack should we be worried what can we do to help her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: She is a medium sized dog
JA: OK. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am sorry your dog is experiencing these issues

- Benadryl 1 mg/ pound every 6-8 hours overnight
- Steam of the shower to help breathing
- Massage the throat under the throat latch area to control the breathing if it is reverse sneeze
- Keeping her in a low lit cool room with minimal stimulation

If there is any change to the gums or tongue so they are blue, purple, pale, yellow; respiratory rate (breaths per minute at rest) > 60, she is unable to get comfortable, has abdominal swelling, reduced responsiveness please get to a veterinary er asap to treat her symptoms

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I truly hope she is feeling better soon

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier and hope that your dog is better with my suggestions last evening?

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!