Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a shih tzu that ate some lotrimin ultra.. I just

Customer Question

Hello. I have a shih tzu that ate some lotrimin ultra.. I just don't know how much she ate
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Luna she is 4 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Luna?
Customer: No she is healthy for most part
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. Just ignore it. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How long ago would she have have ingested it?

Any symptoms of illness?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3 minutes ago
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No no symptoms yet
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the information. The Lotrimin is not considered toxic. At most, you may see some gastrointestinal upset with mild vomiting, decreased appetite or diarrhea. That shouldn't last longer than 24-36 hours, though. If you see a lot of vomiting, blood stool, abdominal pain, lethargy/weakness or mild symptoms that go beyond 24-36 hours; I would have her evaluated by a vet ASAP. If you want to try to avoid any further gastrointestinal upset, you can always induce vomiting by giving 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 5 lbs of body weight orally. That dose can be repeated in 10 minutes if there hasn't been any vomiting. There is a chance you won't see any problems if you do nothing. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have another question my credit card was just charged 2 times $14.00 and 2 times $5.00
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But when I started writing it said $5.00. Can I get this charges disputed
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.

You are very welcome. I am not sure what the charging is about. The experts that answer questions don't have anything to really do with that. I do know that the $5 is just an initial deposit. The total charge is usually $19. It may be listed twice as just a hold, but I will forward it to the moderators to see if they can figure it out for you better.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. Will they get back to me?
Expert:  Dr. John replied 5 months ago.

Yes, they will.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks