Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

SHE IS A 7 YEAR OLD BEAGLE AND WHEN SHE IS SLEEPING IS

Customer Question

SHE IS A 7 YEAR OLD BEAGLE AND WHEN SHE IS SLEEPING IS BREATHING VERY SHORT AND FAST
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the beagle. What is the beagle's name?
Customer: HER GUMS ARE PINK
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the beagle?
Customer: SHE IS CHUBBY AND I HAD PEOPLE OVER TODAY. NO SURE HOW MUCH SHE ATE
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
THE BEAGLE IS DAISY. SHE IS NOT BEING LETHARGIC. ACTUALLY SHE WAS SLEEPING WHEN I NOTICED THE FAST BREATHING.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Is her breathing normal when awake?

Any coughing, snoring, sneezing or congestion ?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?