Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog just started acting weird. I had a muzzle on her and

Customer Question
I left to go to...
My dog just started acting weird. I had a muzzle on her and I left to go to the bathroom and when I came back she want sliding on the kitchen floor and ran into the oven. I thought she couldn't breathe because she had white foam coming out of her mouth so I took it off. She then payed down which is weird because usually after I take the muzzle off she runs around and tries to play. After I picked her up she refused to look at me and kept sticking her neck out and wouldn't open her mouth. She keeps making a sound as if she's coughing something up and breathing really hard through her nose and her eyes are droopy.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
4/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It appears that the stress of this has caused an allergic reaction ...because of Cali's young age, stress can cause these types of symptoms. This odd breathing appears to be caused by this reaction called a Reverse Sneeze that is harmless to Cali but sounds terrible. Give Cali benadryl at 1 mg per pound of her weight every 12 hrs until she is back to normal. If this continues, have your vet examine her since there may be a situation that the stress has caused a lack of oxygen to a portion of her brain that is causing her this distress. Only your vet could treat this after running diagnostics.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Emily,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Cali. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta
No I had to put her down.
Oh my!! I am so sorry! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious gal!!
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian