Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Since your mother in law could have given something harmful, can you confirm that she hasn't had access to grapes, raisins, chocolate, bones, or xylitol?
Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?
Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?
If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?