Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

It is a puppy, A cat slapped it in rye, Eye, The cat is fine

Customer Question

It is a puppy
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the puppy?
Customer: A cat slapped it in rye
JA: Where does the puppy seem to hurt?
Customer: Eye
JA: OK. What is the cat's name?
Customer: The cat is fine the puppy is hurt
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: It'd eye is clouding up
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. Just ignore it. It sounds very much like your puppy got scratched on the cornea. The cloudiness is usually due to fluid buildup in the cornea. I would have your vet stain the eye tomorrow morning to see where the scratch is at and make sure it is just superficial. If a corneal ulcer is deep, then that can permanently affect vision. He needs to be on an antibiotic eye medication to get something like this to heal. In many cases, if the edema progresses, it will be more difficult to heal, even if it is superficial. There isn't anything you can get over the counter to heal a corneal ulcer and prevent infection. Only a prescription antibiotic eye drop can do that. You can get something like Muro 128 over the counter to use in the eye to try to eliminate some of the fluid buildup and increase the chance of healing. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how your Puppy is doing and to see if you have any other questions.