Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our 17 year old golden retriever has lost the ability to

Customer Question

Our 17 year old golden retriever has lost the ability to walk today. She won't eat and her breathing is different today. I think we are about to lose her and I need a vet close by that can possibly put her down immediately. I am in Bedford IN
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No, she is an inside dog. Her legs have been getting weaker and weaker. They just won't hold her up, they just slide out from under her.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the golden retriever's name?
Customer: DJ
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about DJ?
Customer: Like I said, she is 17 years old. I honestly don't think she will last tomorrow,
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 4 months ago.

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your response.

Can you give me your zip code I can search for an emergency veterinary clinic. I am so sorry your baby is going through this. Its so hard when they get old on us.

I have a vet locator that all I need is your zip code

I wish I could do more I am all the way in Texas which is not much help

Do you want me to send you the website search engine?