Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My boxer just licked a that had roundup on it, what should I

My boxer just licked a...
My boxer just licked a weed that had roundup on it, what should I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your boxer will be able to digest that. What is the boxer's name and age?
Customer: Biggs and he's 3 almost 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Biggs?
Customer: No he's a healthy big dog and he weights like 90 lb.
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/8/2017
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Will it be emailed to me or by text to my cell phone

Just working on your answer now, you will be able to read it shortly just here ...

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. My experience is that just licking a small amount like that is unlikely to cause Biggs any problems, in fact with a larger dog like yours you may not see any symptoms of any sort but some dogs may experience a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea, but I would not expect worse than that.

2. Given the above there are no special measures you need take for now other than just keeping an eye on your dog. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Biggs's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

It's been like 20 minutes ago that this happened and he's playing and acting normal

That sounds very encouraging, just keep an eye on him for present, the chances are he will be OK.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
is there any symptoms I should watch fir

While this would be quite unlikely, look out for adverse symptoms such as vomiting, lethargy and anorexia ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian