Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have 1-year-old, 5 LB, toy poodle with pancreatitis. I…

Hi, I have 1-year-old...

Hi, I have 1-year-old, 5 LB, toy poodle with pancreatitis. I found that Annamaet Grain Free Lean Formula will work well for large breed puppies and dogs with pancreatitis. This formula contains 30% protein, 7% fat, 10% moisture. I have two questions.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the toy poodle's name?

Her name is***** just wonder if 30% protein is ok for her. some Vet said high protein is bad for pancreatitis, but some vet said low protein is bad for pancreatitis. Second, according to the company, Annamaet, the Lean formula just work well for the large breed. I don't know why but I would like to try this formula if it is ok.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mio?

She has been very healthy, but about 3 days ago, she suddenly got pancreatitis. I guess that the high fat foods, such as Ziwipeak, made her sick.

4/6/2017
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Mio's situation. Is she eating and drinking now? How long ago was her last vomiting? How has her pancreatitis been treated to this point?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is in the veterinary hospital now and according to the vet, she will recover within 5 days. She is not eating and drinking now though. I would like to know the low-fat food such as Annamaet Leaf formula is proper for her after recovery.

I like low the low fat diets in the post pancreatitis situations. The protein levels at 30% in all honesty shouldn't be an overall bad thing for her. I find that when I see cases of pancreatitis at my ER, a lot of times it isn't brought on by the regular dog food that they are eating. It is a lot of times brought on by them getting into the garbage or table scraps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you familiar to the Annamaet Lean Formula? Please click http://www.annamaet.com/products/Lean_Formula if you want to review. This formula will work well with large breed, so I am not sure if this formula ok for my toy poodle.

I have had some clients feed their dogs this brand of food and it is something that they've really liked. The products that they are putting out have gone through the appropriate testing. From a nutritional aspect, it would be good for her. With any diet though, you may find a palatability issue or a pure do they tolerate it issue. Some dogs may have nausea or diarrhea on a very good diet, while others don't. It would seem to be one that could be tried after all this. Or, the other option is to get your food from your vet's office as they carry a line of dog food that they like and trust.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much for your advice. Bye.

I'm glad to help. I'm hoping that Mio is home with you here soon!

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian