Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 6 year old shar pei is moving slow, warm nose and

Customer Question
My 6 year old...

My 6 year old shar pei is moving slow, warm nose and shivering. She's still eating and her urine isn't dark nor does it have any blood. She isn't avting like she's in pain.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Mai-Lee

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mai-Lee?

Not that comes to mind

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Mai-Lee, please?

While her symptoms of moving slow and shivering (the temperature of noses is non-diagnostic) are important, they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Shivering often indicates pain or either an elevated or low body temperature.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.