Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is choking on a bone and he's bleeding and and mouth…

Customer Question
My dog is choking...

My dog is choking on a bone and he's bleeding and and mouth is foaming and blood is coming out

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

No he's a puppy and needs help

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My puppy I think he's choking but he stopped and he foamed up earlier and was bleedinb
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Helllo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ANNSWERRR TFF
3/31/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

I'm working on your case now. It'll just be a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already took him to the vet hospital

If he had a partial airway obstruction earlier, then we can see secondary pulmonary edema where fluid forms in the lungs. This happens over the course of a few minutes up to 24 hours after these near choking episodes.

I would get him in and get x-rays of his lungs. If this is pulmonary edema, we treat with oxygen and diuretics.

If there is still a piece of bone in the esophagus, then it will need to be removed.

Oh good, I'm glad you got him in. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and it's just some trauma in the mouth that will resolve on it's own.

If you need any further help, let me know.