Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My little dogis 13 yes old. It showed sudden behavior

Customer Question
My little dogis 13...

My little dogis 13 yes old. It showed sudden behavior change. Foami around the mouth, yelping, swollen and hard abdomen, tears running from the eyes, lost control over bladder and stomach, lost appetite, does not move. Only lying on his side.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Small dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Scooby

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Scooby?

He had convulsions. No vomiting though.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question.

It sounds like Scooby is very ill and needs to be seen by a veterinarian immediately in order to try and save his life.

He needs to be examined by a veterinarian. Please take him to a veterinarian now.

Being an older dog this could be

1. Cancer in the abdomen that is causing internal bleeding

2. Heart failure causing trouble breathing and inability to stand

Do you know where the nearest vet clinic is?

Hello are you there?