Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog eat my armour 60mcg about 6 or 8 he weighs less than 5lbs not sure when he got a hold of them so much for child

Customer Question
He eat my armour 60mcg...
He eat my armour 60mcg about 6 or 8 he weighs less than 5lbs not sure when he got a hold of them so much for child proof
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Taz and 1yr
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Taz?
Customer: Good health adopt from shelter 3moths ago Terrier and Chihuahua mix
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Do you think he had this less then 2 hours ago or more?

How is he just now?

He seems fine not as active as usual not sure still not sure how he even got them guess I found out he can climb

Thank you,

Now thankfully this is a medication that we use in veterinary medicine to treat dogs with hypothyroidism. Therefore, right off the bat we know this isn’t an outright poisoning for your lad. As well, it is worth noting that this is a drug that is quite well tolerated in dogs. In regards ***** ***** dose he has given himself, we'd not expect any issue here. Even if he did have that higher end dose of 8 tablets, we'd only expect mild agitation with that. So, in this case we do want to take care to avoid him getting into these tablets in the future but we'd not expect any issue or adverse effects with this single dose even at his weight and with how many he may have had.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )

Thank you! Made this fur mom feel better!

You are very welcome, my dear. :)

All the best,

Dr. B.

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian