Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 2 are 5 months old. Sisters. Last week, for no clear

Customer Question
My 2 whippets are 5...
My 2 whippets are 5 months old. Sisters. Last week, for no clear reason they started throwing up- for 2 days. One more than the other. Just as we decided to take them to our local vet, they seemed to get much better. But now, even with a bland, restricted diet, they still have, on and off, (mostly on) diarreah.
Again, everytime we think about a Vet visit, they show big improvements.
They still have evergetic moments of play, and have always slept a lot. So, we don't think it's anything sinister.
I know they aren't at the brink of death - but a week with diarreah seems long.What do you think we should do?Thanks : )Matt
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/30/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. What does their diarrhea look like? Any blood?When were they last wormed?Are both their pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on each dogs' belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could they've eaten something harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian