Kelly Jones
Kelly Jones, Dog Veterinarian
97758537

My dog have sores on the bottom of his feet and a bad odor,

Customer Question

my dog have sores on the bottom of his feet and a bad odor
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: trooper and he is 6 years old and he is a cocker spaniel with cherry eyes
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about trooper?
Customer: his eyes have a thick discharge
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Jones replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. I am so sorry that Trooper is having some skin problems.

There could be a few different things going on, something more simple like a skin infection and something more complex and concerning like an autoimmune disease. Are you able to attach a photo?

Cocker Spaniels are one of the breeds that are predisposed to having skin and ear problems. They also can have eye problems which what you are describing could be a dry eye called Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca. Eyes that are affected by this condition typically have thick green discharge. Here is a link to a typical appearance: http://criticalcaredvm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/kcs3_.jpg

It would be best to take her to your veterinarian in order to diagnose the skin and test the eyes.

I wish you both all the best. I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you prescribe some type oral medication for the sores on his feet or an antibiotic. and can you prescribe medicine for his eyes?

Hi, I am not able to prescribe any medication since I cannot physically meet him. Since it could be very different problems going on, it could be dangerous to him if I were to prescribe medication without knowing for sure. I am very sorry I cannot do that for you. His regular veterinarian would be quite happy to however.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
THANKS. I THOUGHT FROM WHAT I WAS DESCRIBING TO YOU , IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TO ADVISE SOMETHING I COULD TRY

I wish! I am so sorry I am unable to do that. There is nothing over the counter that I could recommend.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Kelly Jones