Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

I have a mini doxy she was cut to close to the stomach when

Customer Question

I have a mini doxy she was cut to close to the stomach when born bump protruding now she is 6 yrs old and its growing and red hard too
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: no bleeding so far
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: reba jean
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about reba?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Meghan Denney replied 6 months ago.
Hi I am Dr Denney I understand you have some concerns about Reba Jean. I love mini daschounds they are so cute. How long has the bump been present? I couldn't tell if she has had it since you have had her or if it is something that is new.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

You appear to be describing an umbilical hernia that is now active and causing tissue damage. Can you upload a photo(s) of this area to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.