jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.
2361900

she was and still is running around in a large circle. she i

she was and still is running around in a large circle. she i believe ate too much rawhide and threw up a small amount. i dont think her throat is plugged however she is not drinking water.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Phoebie about 3 or 4 years
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: phebie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about phebie?
Customer: not much
Hi I am Dr Denney. I am sorry to hear Phoebe isn't feeling well. I am concerned about the circling behavior. Is she accepting food? I know it has been a little
While since you posted, but is she drinking water now?
I'm sorry I cannot stay online any longer I am going to opt out so someone else can try and help

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

I'm not sure you still need assistance or not but with the ingestion of rawhide, it can take a few days to soften enough to move through the system. In the meantime, an intestinal obstruction might occur and in some cases not soften enough to move through. So you will need to monitor your dog for symptoms of obstruction and have your dog seen if they occur so your vet can verify that the rawhide has not caused an obstruction and is still moving through her system. You can read about obstructions here:

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/gastric-stomach-foreign-body-in-dogs/page1.aspx

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.

Hi Again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your dog. Let me know if my answer was helpful.

jadedangel57, owner
Experience: breeder/ vet assistant.