Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

She was shaking this morning when I woke up. Sometimes she

Customer Question

She was shaking this morning when I woke up. Sometimes she does this when she has to pee so I took her out and she did. She stopped shaking but now she is just very lethargic. She ran around for a minute outside but now she's just laying down. She won't play with her toy or anything- she just wants to lay next to me while I get ready. She is only 1.5 years old and usually very hyper
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Harley
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Harley?
Customer: She did have low blood sugar once and had to get an IV- this was about 3 months ago and hasn't happened since
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about Harley's condition....this may be related to a low blood sugar which will respond almost right away to some Karo Syrup or concentrated sugar water and it will not hurt to give this to see if she responds.If Harley is eating but still lethargic, then this may be bruising from playing too hard or an unstable disc in her back that is causing her discomfort. This is treated with aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs as long as she is eating. If she does not respond to this, then you will have to have your vet examine sweet Harley to be sure we have not missed something.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****