Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I think my 12 yo dog has been having daily seizures where

Customer Question

I think my 12 yo dog has been having daily seizures where his body kind of stiffens, his tongue hangs out. Other times he is wagging his tail, he has been drinking water and eating. yesterday and today he seems to be having difficulty getting up so he urinates.he is breathing deeplybut that has been going on for awhile due to possible overweight. he does have some tumors.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: i think i have covered everything. my problem is trying to get him to a vet due to his size and not getting up.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I am quote concerned about your lad. If he has paralytic rigid episodes that does raise worries of a possible atypical seizure. At his age, we can see this due to brain based infection, inflammation, brain bleeds/swelling and with brain masses. We can also see these types of issues related to toxicities (less likely here) and secondary to organ issues (ie liver, kidney, etc). And if any of these are putting pressure on his brain it could change his breathing and potentially his consciousness. Furthermore, if he has them daily, then he really needs to be on treatment for them.

With this in mind and since he is difficult to move, it would be prudent to request his vet come see him as a home visit. Alternatively, you could check for a mobile vet in your area. That way they can come to him, get to the root of this quickly, and advise whether we can treat this to get him back to normal for you and also back on his feet (as they can assess his joints at the same time and treat for any issues there).

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.