Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She seems distressed and walks with her tail down. She gives

Customer Question

She seems distressed and walks with her tail down. She gives out a yelp when she turns. She is concerned with her back end.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I don't see any wounds. It seems to be located back by her tail. She is a cockapoo with very curly hair which makes it hard to see anything. Also she refuses to go outside and hasn't urinated or had a bowel movement since this morning. This came on suddenly around noontime. She hasn't been outside at all.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She's only three and is in good health. There is something causing her sharp pains
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Does she has discomfort if you lift her tail? Or is she sore when you press on her tail base?

Any redness, sores, or lumps by her rectum?

Any dragging her bottom on the floor?

Any chance of a fall or injury?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
See seems ok now. Is happy and wagging her tail. Moving around normally.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Great, I am so glad to hear that has passed. Since it has, I will send your question back to customer service. :)

Best wishes,

Dr. B.