PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog is having a serious problem, she is 15 terrier

Customer Question

My dog is having a serious problem
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: she is 15 terrier datshund mix
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: she was fine and suddenly she was laying on the floor with very little leg stength
JA: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jax
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jax?
Customer: she may have an abcessed tooth,, I found it today cause she was licking the air
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Is she able to walk?

2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Did she get into anything?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1 no she cant walk 2 today no vomiting Friday yes vomiting 3 no preexisting condition she is dying in my arms

If she is doing poorly and she is dying in your arms you need to get her to the nearest ER veterinarian, at this stage, there is not much you will be able to do at home, I am sorry. Do not wait any longer.

I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think she got into anything,,, she was out but only briefly
long enough to do her business and then right back in

I am very limited as to what I can recommend for you to try at home. If she is doing so poorly that she is dying in your arms it is best you take her immediately to the nearest ER veterinarian, do not wait.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she was whing horribly for a 1/2 q minute when I said she was dying,, I don't think she can move at all now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there aren't any in my area,, not that are open now or I would have left already
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she is belly breathing it almost looks like agonized breathing except deep and regular
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

JACustomer, do you need further assistance? How has Jax faired? If you still need help, can you provide video of what you are seeing?