Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Agitation panting, She's very uncomfortable. She ate half

Customer Question

Agitation panting
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: She's very uncomfortable. She ate half her dinner and took meds for thyroid and diabetes She's prone to pancreatic is but Im not hearing her belly growl.
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bree, 11, cocker
JA: How old is Bree?
Customer: 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bree?
Customer: She's had cater act surgery a year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She has woken me early for the last 2 mornings to let her out, which is very unusual. I think she also pee'd on one of her beds 2 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She has been on Doxycycline for the last week. I stopped it tonight thinking it maybe irritating her stomach. The vet didn't think that she needed it any longer but said that it would not hurt her if it made me feel better. She had been on it for a full month for Rocky Mountain spotted fever. The vet confirmed that she would not have it at this point. She experienced confusion this past week so I took her in to the vet. They said her blood sugar was somewhat low for the first time and that I needed to decrease her Novolin injections to 17 units morning and night.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need an answer or I am taking her to the emergency vet
She is obviously uncomfortable.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can I please talk to someone
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 8 months ago.

I am here.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

GIve me a minute to read your whole question.

Okay. Are you there?