Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

How do I teach my newborn orphaned puppy to have a bowel

Customer Question

How do I teach my newborn orphaned puppy to have a bowel movement
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the puppy?
Customer: its mother disowned it and it has not had a bowel movement since she has been with me for 24 hours now
JA: Where does the puppy seem to hurt?
Customer: its tummy
JA: OK. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Little Guy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Guy?
Customer: it an orphan
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I see this came in last night and I am sorry no one was able to answer you sooner.

Usually with new born puppies to help them eliminate you take a warm washcloth and keep massaging the abdomen area. Start from the belly button and move in one direction toward the anus. Mother dogs will often lick their pups that way to stimulate movements.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 9 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DakotaSouthFive