Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has something hanging on his but not eating and a problem standing up, Rocky 4years old, Not his normal self not

Customer Question
He has something hanging on...
He has something hanging on his but not eating and a problem standing up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rocky 4years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocky?
Customer: Not his normal self not eating
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/8/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he had these signs?

What was hanging out? A piece of gut, something non-edible?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Can he keep water down?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian