Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog just ate about .90 of a gram of BHO ( oil) It has

Customer Question

My dog just ate about .90 of a gram of BHO (Hash oil) It has been about 4 hours since she ate it and has been sleeping and drooling a lot ever since, she doesn't have to much trouble walking, she's a year and half old lab and is 50 pounds, and i really don't have the money now to take her to the vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** a vet be able to answer if she'll be alright?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ella?
Customer: Thats really all it, she just seems like she's is very high, i also have my medical marijuana card just to show i don't have it illegally
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question. Ok. Marijuana ingestion is something that is happening more - all the states that are legalizing it and the medicinal use of it. It was then bound to increase the number of cases we see as veterinarians. For the most part, it causes sedation, ataxia and nothing super serious unless large ingestions have happened. Mostly they are treated with time. If they get very depressed and start to have issues with respirations, then intervention by a veterinarian is needed. At this time, decontamination isn't possible so it is purely supportive care.