Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She has a hairball that she can't get up. oh I am sorry -

Customer Question

she has a hairball that she can't get up.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: oh I am sorry - she is a dog.
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes. I have a dog who seems to be trying to throw up a hairball but can't. is there anything I can do or giver her to help her get it out?
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no, not that I can think of.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

Please tell me what your dog is doing, and be specific. Is your dog dry-heaving? What breed is this?