Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My new puppy just cried while pooing. His poo has slightly

Customer Question

My new puppy just cried while pooing . His poo has slightly hard . Could this be a mixture of stress and new food that we are giving her , she is 8 weeks old and with us dice Tuesday
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lucy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy?
Customer: No . 8 week old , we just have her since Tuesday . .
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, we can certainly see fecal discomfort and change in fecal consistency when diets are changed. So, if Lucy is crying when she passes stool, we'd want to take a few steps to ease her passing this. To start, you can give her a dose of OTC cat hairball treatment. This will act like a mild GI lubricant and ease her passing stool. As well, canned pumpkin can be added to her new diet as fiber can keep stools at optimum consistency and help keep them regular. Finally, if she is doing quite a bit of straining and very uncomfortable, we can even give her a few millilitres of an OTC GI lubricant (ie Lactulose, Miralax, food grade liquid paraffin). Again we can add this to food (ideally canned for ease of giving) to just help any harder stools slip through and not cause her bother.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.