Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog just start barking at a very high pitch that we've

Customer Question
never heard before and he...
my dog just start barking at a very high pitch that we've never heard before and he has diarrhea coming from him
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: he keeps barking unless he's being pet and when he walks he has liquid droppings coming from his butt and when he tries to push very small hard pieces of poop come out
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no i haven't
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** a jaick russell terrier and he's 1
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kona?
Customer: we got him as a gift for christmas
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
no this is the first issue we've had
1/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has he been showing signs?

What does the diarrhea look like? Any blood?

Does he sound hoarse, have any gagging or issues keeping water/food down?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian