Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is being treated for bacterial pneumonia and he is

Customer Question

Hi my dog is being treated for bacterial pneumonia and he is healing over 5days. He is not sleeping from two days now and he seems to be having problems eating
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Caesar
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Caesar?
Customer: He was prescribed dyriphilin and microdox lbx and also b complex and currently he is living on electrolyte solution
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How old is he?

What tests were done to diagnose his pneumonia?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?