Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She chewed my marijuana vape pen..She is acting like she is

Customer Question
scared and she can" walk...
she chewed my marijuana vape pen..She is acting like she is scared and she can" walk very well
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Coco 3years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Coco?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Aaron, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron, Veterinarian

Hello this is Dr. Aaron

Please let me know when you're available.

I'm here
What should I do. Just
fed her some chicken
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Are you still there?

When did your dog chew on the vape pen? Was any of the pen swallowed?

don't know
She seems really stoned

I understand your concern. Unfortunately we see a fair number of marijuana toxicity dogs at the practice I work at. Luckily death is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

If your dog were to come to my clinic we would give something called activated charcoal if she were alert enough to swallow. This substance can help get the marijuana out of the system faster.

Otherwise we often place an IV catheter and supply fluids to prevent hydration while waiting for the dog to return to normal.

It's up to you if you take your dog to a local vet. As long as you are able to take Coco outside to urinate every few hours when she is stable enough to stand and keep offering fresh water and food she should pretty much sleep it off and be back to normal tomorrow.

Usually vet care is not necessary.

Is there anything else I can help you with this evening?

If not I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so that I may be paid for my time. Have a great night and best of luck with Coco but everything should be fine by tomorrow!

Are you still there?

Do you have any further questions?

Hi I just wanted to see if you had any further questions.

I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so that I may be compensated for my time.

Have a good night!

Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron
Dr Aaron, Veterinarian