Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My corgi Luna has suddenly started acting very spooked of

Customer Question
Hi my corgi Luna has...
Hi my corgi Luna has suddenly started acting very spooked of something in our home. She keeps looking at the ceiling and then running in the other room and secludes herself. She is normally very social and wants to be with us constantly but a couple days ago she has just started acting weird. We took her with us out of town for New Years and she was herself while we were gone but as soon as we came back she is acting scared again
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Luna?
Customer: No she just recently had her check up and she is healthy. She is about to be 1 years old in a couple of weeks
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Luna. How long has this behavior been going on again? Is she still eating and drinking normally? When she goes outside for walks, is she normal in that outside environment?

Just a couple of days. It started right before New Years Friday. And yes everything seems to be normal

That is good that everything else seems to be normal. With her acting normal in an outside environment, the suspicion there goes towards some sound / smell / visible thing that is stimulating this behavior. Could she have had something happen that is causing her to act like this? As long as everything else is normal, there is a huge hope that with more time that she'll return to her normal behavior. What I typically recommend is trying to keep them being interacted with in the inside environment in a positive manner. Giving them plenty of outside physical activity is a good thing too. The more energy they expend in a positive manner, the less worried they are then with other things. I would try to see if there are any abnormal sounds that may be going on to cause this - ducts creaking, pipes creaking, etc.. Overall, time may be the ultimate thing that gets things resolved.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian