Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My female boxer almsot suffocated playing with our other dog

Customer Question
because of her callor. She...
My female boxer almsot suffocated playing with our other dog because of her callor. She is eating, drinking breathing fine.. What worry so me is her eyes are swallon red and she has a twitch here and there. But seems ok. Should I take her to emergency vet? Or will she be ok take tomorrow to my regular vet?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am so sorry to hear this happened to Jesse!

I have a few questions:
- What is her gum color
- A resting respiratory rate (breaths per minute while laying down, feel the rise for 60 seconds)
- Did she lose consciousness
- Are her pupils reactive to light and even to each other

Thank you

I am so sorry if you are having issues with the chat. I am online another 20 minutes before taking a break for a little bit and will monitor for any respones

If her gums are pink, her respiratory rate is <30, did not loose consciousness and is reactive with her pupils you can monitor her for a while to ensure that a veterinary er is not warranted but if her gums are blue/ pale/ purple, respiratory rate >60, pupils are sluggish or not equal and/ or she did lose consciousness I would advise having her evaluated as a precaution today

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is Jessie doing since you asked your question? I would love an update when you are able

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian