Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Dog received an overdose of trifexis. one yesterday and

Customer Question

dog received an overdose of trifexis. one yesterday and another today in error. dose was 40.3-60 lbs each day
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: did u receive by question
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: I just did it about 30 min ago. need to know if it could be dangerous for him. he is fine right now
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: no since this is a holiday did not know if waiting to contact vet would be critical if I wait too long to get treatment for him.
JA: Is the dog eating normally?
Customer: he ate this am about an hour ago
JA: OK, abnormal eating. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: about 2 years name Chance
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chance?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

How much does Charlie weigh?

Friend, trifexis has a wide safety margin in dogs. Charlie getting 2 doses of Trifexis within 24 hours is not going to be toxic, he will be fine; no symptoms expected.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter