Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Glow stick my dog ate a glow stick? What should we do?

Customer Question
JA: I'm sorry to hear...
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bulldog/puggle mix. 1 yr old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: She is foaming at the mouth
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan. Currently I'm reviewing your quesiton, and will be back to you in a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your dog is giving you a fright right now but I have good news for you. The ingredients are not toxic in animals! It has a very very bad taste and is irritating which is why you are seeing the main side effect... foaming at the mouth. This can last for several minutes to an hour. The best way to help decrease the foaming is to wash out her mouth with as much water as possible. Getting her to eat something tasty can also help to get the bad taste out of her mouth. Other than that she should be fine. So far there are no verified fatalities reported from eating a glow stick. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian