Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He is lethargic, trembling in his front legs, rapid

Customer Question

Hi! He is lethargic, trembling in his front legs, rapid breathing, and seems to have a bit of a fever.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It could be an infection. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's 9.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Duke?
Customer: He's typically really healthy, so this is out of the ordinary. He's a large breed, lab-mix.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Duke, please? While important symptoms, his lethargy, tachypnea (increased respiratory rate), front leg trembling, and apparent fever aren't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He has fluid in his chest. Nothing that could have been answered through messaging, just as well I took him in. Thanks for getting back to me though. They are going to do some more testing today to try to figure out the cause.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Duke. Not a good start to the new year. I'll think good thoughts for a quick diagnosis and successful conservative treatment for him. Thank you for taking the time to let me know.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?