Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My male dog has an inflamed nipple kinda purple, His nipple

Customer Question
My male dog has an...
My male dog has an inflamed nipple kinda purple
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: His nipple is inflamed just 1 and swollen looking
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Smiley
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Smiley?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/1/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

I am so sorry no one has assisted you tonight

I would be worried about a few different situations:

- The mammary gland had some type of trauma in which it is bruising and will subside with time but if it turns black please have Smiley seen
- A mammary tumor which can happen in fixed dogs, even male but less likely

You can try cool compresses in ten minute intervals and please keep him from licking if you are able as well to prevent further trauma and potentially an infection

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian