Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

H, the vet said he thought it was a warter infection i am on

Customer Question

h
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: the vet said he thought it was a warter infection i am on day 2 of tablets but is it normal for them to shake
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: .y dogs name is ***** ***** he is 14
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about sam?
Customer: he jjust seem to pick up then he goes down again but there s no mote blood in hos urine
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Which tablets is Sam on specifically?

Does he seem sore anywhere?

Any appetite loss, gagging. lip licking or vomiting?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no he is on clavubactin 1aday
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you,

Now in regards ***** ***** question, Sam's shaking this is a non-specific sign we do see in dogs that feel unwell or have a fever. Checking what he has been given that would not cause this (though it can cause stomach upset for some dogs). So, we'd not be worried that that is involved. But while it does take time for the antibiotics to settle infection, if he is feeling unwell still you can ring his vet for dog safe anti-inflammatories (ie Rimadyl, Onsior, Previcox, Metacam). These will reduce bladder discomfort as often seen with this condition and reduce any fever present. And that should help reduce this sign and keep him comfortable as we give those antibiotics a chance to work.

Finally, just to note in case you were keen to get those from his vet today, some veterinary practices in our country have office hours today. As well, I wanted to mention that most veterinary practices here do have contingency plans for emergency care for their patients even when they are not open. Therefore, it is worth ringing the practice. If they are open, you can get these today. If they aren't, then they will likely have a message to direct you on how to contact their out of hours service to get this sorted for him.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.