How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 29710
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog swallowed my 10 milligram Lisinopril. The dog is a

Customer Question

My dog swallowed my 10 milligram Lisinopril . The dog is a Havenese and she weighs 12 pounds.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lexie is 13 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lexie?
Customer: She is healthy
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

Any ingestion of lisinopril at a dose of 0.9 mg/lb or less causes mild signs only - most often vomiting and lethargy. Lexi ingested 10 mg/12 pounds or 0.8 mg/lb of the lisinopril. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.
Hi,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin