Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

A little mix breeds have allergies or sinus trouble.Our

Customer Question

A little mix breeds have allergies or sinus trouble.Our little ones are 11 and 13 pounds. What is safe to give them
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: They are coughing and wheezing and sneezing
JA: Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lucy Lou is 2 a nd weighs 10 lbs and Tyler is 1 1/2 and weighs 13 lbs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucy Lou?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

You can safely give Benadryl 25mg tablets, and they can each have 1/2 tablet every 8 hours as needed. If this does not seem to help the symptoms you will need to see a veterinarian. If you prefer to give the liquid form, you may give them each 1 teaspoon of children's benadryl liquid every 8 hours.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ann M.