Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have a ferret who's acting weird. She's been having bad

Customer Question
sneezing spells lately where she...
I have a ferret who's acting weird. She's been having bad sneezing spells lately where she sneezes and screams.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the ferret's name and age?
Customer: Goofy 2 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Goofy?
Customer: Yeah right now she's acting dizzy and I tried picking her up to comfort her and all she did was try to get away until it seemed like she was so terrified that she peed herself
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/30/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Hill. With the history you have given, my concern is that Goofy may be suffering from a low blood sugar. You should take some Karo syrup and rub some on her gums. After you have done this, I would call your local veterinarian to get her in right away. Ferrets are unfortunately notorious for developing insulinomas and hence a low blood sugar. If your local veterinarian is not open today, then Goody needs to be taken to a local emergency clinic. I can help you find one, if you do not know of a local facility. Please ask any follow up questions. Take care

Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian