Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I took my mini Goldendoodle to be groomed today and about an…

Customer Question
I took my mini...

I took my mini Goldendoodle to be groomed today and about an hr when we're home she can't open her left eye. Help what should I do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

Goldie age 14 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Goldie?

No this just happened after grooming

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/14/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan. Currently I'm reviewing your quesiton, and will be back to you in a few minutes.

I'm sorry that Goldie is experiencing this problem. You can do 2 things between now and tomorrow morning. The first thing is use Genteal eye drops or Artificial Tears eye ointment in the eye 1 drop about every 2 hours while she's awake. These are over the counter drops for humans found at most pharmacies and large retail stores. Don't use Visine or contact solution as this stings badly in an irritated eye.

The second thing to use is a cold cloth compress on the eye as often as needed if she seems to enjoy it. If this problem is still occuring in the morning then take her to see the vet for some stronger eye drops. It's possible she got a little shampoo in the eye or some hair from the clipping that is irritating her. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions, if it did help, please leave a rating. Dr. Dan