Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

A bump that has now become a wound, wondering how to treat

Customer Question
at home JA: I'm sorry to...
a bump that has now become a wound, wondering how to treat at home
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: no blood
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: opie, 18 mos
JA: How old is opie?
Customer: 18 mos
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about opie?
Customer: the bump was hard and there for some time, when i realized it was superficial I squeezed it and thought by the looks of what came out it was a pimple then it became swollen and flattened or spread out somewhat. it isnt hot to the touch but it is sore, she keeps trying to lick it. she is eating fine, etc
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/8/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this bump to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is a bernese so her coat is very thick, therefore, it is very difficult to get a pic but i will try.

I appreciate it. Without my seeing what you're seeing, I'm helpless.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok i think you should have the pic now, pls confirm

Thank you! Give me a moment to take a look, please.

I regret that I can only see a swirl of hair. I regret that this won't be able to be addressed satisfactorily in this venue and so I'll opt out. Please contact***@******.*** or http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for any questions concerning your financial obligation to the site.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian