Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog is a spaniel, always playful. Last night he started just laying around. This morning I noticed he was acting as if

Customer Question
He is a king Charles...
He is a king Charles spaniel, always playful. Last night he started just laying around. This morning I noticed he was acting as if he was in pain. When I tried to pick him up he winced as if he is hurting really bad. Do you have any ideas what it could be? Thanks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the King Charles spaniel. What is the King Charles spaniel's name and age?
Customer: Pookie he is 5
JA: What is the King Charles spaniel's name?
Customer: Pookie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pookie?
Customer: He plays ball with us, like it's his job.he has never not wanted to play. Now he's like a different person. He did vomit a little flem.but that has happened before.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Where were you pressing when he winced?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Any appetite loss?

Any breathing changes or coughing?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian