Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our dog (tibetan spanial) 8 yrs, attacked our cat. My

Customer Question

Thank you. Our dog (tibetan spanial) 8 yrs, attacked our cat. My husband kicked her out of the way and now she is constantly panting and not moving around much. Her ears are back and she is shaking. Is she just scared?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kirby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kirby?
Customer: She takes apoquel for itching daily
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Fear and discomfort can both show these signs. If this persists through to the morning, I would recommend that she be examined by your vet. She may need a few days of pain medication if the kick was hard enough.

If she is commonly a nice dog but attacked the cat out of the blue, I would talk to your vet about running some blood work to check her thyroid levels to see if this might have contributed. Dogs who are typically stable in temperament sometimes lose their cool with other animals when battling hypothyroidism. We can see panting caused by this as well.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Kirby doing?