Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I actually have a couple of questions, My dog survived being

Customer Question

Hello, I actually have a couple of questions
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: My dog survived being hit by a car about 10 days ago, on Friday 11/18. She fractured her ischial tuberosity (a small chip) and a potentially broken tail. We are working on pain management for those injuries with our vet. She also suffered some fairly bad road rash and ended up getting stitches in her elbow. So actually I may have a few thoughts concerning this issue/question.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about survived?
Customer: Her name is***** along with those issues, I just discovered some (maybe 3-4) very small rock-like things next to one of her nipples. Also, I am going to take out her stitches tonight and am not entirely sure of the proper way to dress it. So, to sum it up.. I am looking for further information about pain management (she was on tramadol and deramaxx, now just deramaxx) I've read some things about deramaxx and am concerned about giving her this med. Second, I am curious for advice on.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Checklist for Your Vet Visit + Live Phone Call + Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Has the elbow wound fully closed and healed with its stitches?

What are your specific concerns about the Deramaxx? How has she tolerated this?

Did the mammary region sustain road rash?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.