Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Wow... okay, our dog just ate a teaspoon of chocolate

Customer Question
Wow... okay, our dog...
Wow... okay, our dog just ate a teaspoon of chocolate pudding and my daughters biphenton.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: nothing. I'm just paranoid.
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: sorry, did you see the part where I said my dog ate a teaspoon of chocolate pudding and my daughters 10mg of biphenton
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: my dog's name is alex. she's 12. she's a small cockapoo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about alex?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/27/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Carole Cocagne, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Carole Cocagne
Carole Cocagne, Dog Veterinarian

Hi I'm Dr. Carole and I'm a small animal veterinarian. If you have hydrogen peroxide at home you can make her vomit it up. Give her about a tablespoon by mouth and this can be repeated in 15 minutes if nothing happens. If it has been more than 1 hour since ingestion though this will likely not be worth it because it is already absorbed

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian