Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

It is winter and my dog lost a lot of fur, like she's

Customer Question

It is winter and my dog lost a lot of fur, like she's shedding her winter coat
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

Surprisingly dogs loose their coat based on the daylight shortening and lengthening not based on the temperature so this is fairly normal. My dogs are the same way this time of year. If it is excessive then there are a few things to do:

- Fish oil which can range depending on Kayu's weight
- Ensure you are feeding a high quality organic diet without any by products
- If there is no improvement or the coat is thinning even further then consider a blood panel to ensure there are no underlying endocrine causes such as a low thyroid function

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Hi Tasha,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kayu. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman