Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is shivering and lethargic - he also yelped a couple

Customer Question

my dog is shivering and lethargic - he also yelped a couple of times when I picked him up - one of the biggest things I noticed was that he won't get up to urinate he just urinates right where he is
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** he is an 8 year old dachshund
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Link?
Customer: I think he may have experienced trauma when he was younger, he has a hunched back and he waddles when he walks but he is definitely not overweight and he always would follow us around the kitchen just not in the last day or two
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he had these signs?

Any chance of a fall, trauma or injury recently?

Where were you putting pressure when you lifted and he yelped?

Does he seem tender in his belly near his ribs or back between his back legs?

Any pain with his back or issues using his hind legs (ie dragging them, reduced use or feeling)?