Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog is a frenchton 11 weeks old. We picked him up from the airport from a very small breeder (he was the last of the

Customer Question
He is a frenchton 11...
He is a frenchton 11 weeks old. We picked him up from the airport from a very small breeder (he was the last of the liter ) .. she has no other puppies at this time so I don't think she is a puppy mill. He has been vomiting and has green discharge from his eyes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that we know of
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tucker
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Tucker?
Customer: He doesn't seem to have a big appetite He is eating just not much
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Hill. When did you pick up Tucker?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thursday evening

Okay, so he is a very new addition to the family. A couple of things to do today. I would contact the breeder so that they know he is vomiting and find out if any of the other puppies in the litter started vomiting. If he has vomited several times, then I would take him to a local veterinary hospital today to have him tested for parvo virus and get a fecal exam. Vomiting in a young puppy is most likely secondary to a virus or parasites. The veterinarian should be able to give Tucker something to stop the nausea and see if he needs iv fluids. Young animals cannot handle vomting as well as an adult and are more prone to have a low blood sugar and get dehydrated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I called her yesterday and she said no other puppies are vomiting. She also said she didn't remember any eye discharge. He had a visit with the vet for a health certificate on Wednesday to fly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He didn't vomit on Friday during the day. That started Friday in the middle of the night and yesterday. Five times total. He hasn't vomited since 2pm yesterday

Good. What have his bowel movements looked like?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Maybe a little runny sometimes ,but the last one was solid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the eye discharge has been white and only turned green this morning
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he is currently playing with my other dog

It is good that he is active. Definitely get him seen in the next couple of days. You want to make sure he does not have anything that your other dog could contract. Make sure to take a fecal in when you go. Please continue to ask any follow up questions. You can continue posting on this thread for several days, even after rating my response. Congratulations on your new puppy. Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!

your welcome

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian